What is IHFH?
Idaho Hunters Feeding the Hungry is a nonprofit organization providing nutritious big game meat to area food banks, churches, and soup kitchens. With the help of hunters and meat processors, we can transform surplus big game into nutritional food for the hungry. Our mission is to transform Idaho’s surplus wild, big game meat into nutritious food for the hungry. Our main goal is to feed the hungry while utilizing one of Idaho’s renewable natural resources.
Here’s How it Works!
- Hunters purchase license and tags, harvest big game, and donate extra meat to cooperating meat processors.
- Meat Processors process meat, call local IHFH, food pantry for pick up, and invoice IHFH for processing.
- Food banks and pantries distribute meat to the local agencies they currently serve.
- The local agencies then distribute the meat to families and individuals in need.
What is Big Game?
Big wild game animals include mammals such as deer, reindeer, caribou, elk, moose, antelope, and bison. Bear will not be accepted.
What you can do to help?
- Donate Big Game Meat – Please donate extra big game meat you and your family will not use.
- Every Little Bit Helps – If you are not donating the whole animal, please consider a portion.